|Application||Power for electrical furnace in Ceramic industry|
|Engine||125 KVA Cummins|
|Fuel consumption, hourly in Diesel mode||16 Litres|
|Fuel Consumption, hourly in Dual fuel mode||11 SCM gas & 5 Litres of Diesel|
Application: The DG set is used 8~10 hours daily, to support uninterrupted power requirement of Electric furnace to ensure product quality.
- Cost of operation in 100% diesel: With diesel price at Rs. 60/- per litre and hourly consumption of 16 litres, estimated daily cost of fuel considering 8 hours of operation, was 16 x 8 x 60 = Rs. 7,680/-, approximately. The DG set generates 3.54 units of power per litre of diesel; that is, fuel cost of ~ Rs. 16.95 / Kwh (cost of diesel – Rs. 60 / Kwh generated per litre of diesel – 3.54).
- Cost of operation in dual fuel: Average cost of fuel per hour = (volume of gas consumed x cost of gas) + (volume of diesel consumed x cost of diesel) = (11 x 34) + (5 x 60) = Rs. 674/-, considering 8 hours of operation, daily cost of fuel = 674 x 18 = Rs. 5,392/- approximately. Fuel cost / Kwh = (674/16)/3.54 = Rs. 11.90 /Kwh.
- A fuel cost saving of Rs. 2,288 per day (7,680 – 5,392) ~ 30%.
- Fuel cost saving of 30%, estimated period of recovery of investment of Dual Fuelling system ~ 155 days.
- Reduced frequency of refilling diesel storage system, thus saving manpower & transportation.
- Usage of Green fuel – reduction in emissions.
|Engine after conversion||System Layout|